The One-Stop, Week-in-Review for BPO & Call Center News – from a People Perspective – Only at CallMe! IQ.
Promotions, Awards and other Advancement
- Andrew Baum was named vice president of call center operations at digital marketing agency Response Mine Interactive.
- Jonathan Kyle was promoted to call center manager at InfoCision Management Corp.’s Boardman location.
- Cheryl LaBaw was appointed Director of Customer Relations at Sound Telecom this week.
- Cure Leasing and Maintenance named Ken Hall VP of Maintenance and Call Center Operations.
Openings, Hirings, Closings &…Layoffs
– Openings and Hirings –
- Alpine Access announced that the company will be looking to fill 200 positions nationwide in February.
- Humana is looking to bring on 149 workers at its national call center in St. Petersburg.
- Advanced Auto Parts will be opening a new call center in Roanoke, which promises to create 75 jobs over the next 3 years.
- Kings Island of Mason, Ohio announced that it will be looking to fill 4,000 summer jobs for the mega-amusement park, a number of which will be for the call center.
- Great week here with nothing to report!
Mergers, Acquisitions, Partnerships & Corporate Reports
- No news this week on the M&A front, either.
Trends Macro & Micro, International & Domestic
- Here is a 3-part (Part 1, Part 2, Part 3) series of articles on the politics of call centers.
- Also, the effectiveness of peer-to-peer recognition in call centers gets a nod in this article.
- Check out Part 2 of the interview with Zappos’ head of customer loyalty team at this link. Part 1 was posted last week.
- A call center in Norway has reportedly started timing its agents’ bathroom breaks. The NYDailyNews has the story here.
Did we miss anyone or anything? If so, let us know! Email us at email@example.com, and we’ll be sure to include them in next week’s “Call It a Week!”