The One-Stop, Week-in-Review for BPO & Call Center News – from a People Perspective –
Only at CallMe! IQ
Promotions, Awards and other Advancement
- Fleet management provider ARI has hired Ted Davis as its call center chief.
- Jasmine Jirele has been named SVP of Enterprise Operations with Allianz Life Insurance Company of North America. In this position, she will have oversight of the company’s extensive contact center operations.
- Chelen Reyes is now VP at HV Federal Credit Union, overseeing its telephone contact center among other things.
- Alan Mohler was hired as site director at Inktel this week.
- LifeCare hired Diana Bourke as SVP of LiveAgent & Technology. She will lead the call center specialists team.
Openings, Hirings, Closings &…Layoffs
– Openings and Hirings –
- Navy Federal estimates that it will hire 450 – 600 call center agents in 2012.
- NCO Group is hiring roughly 300 for its Customer Contact Center in St. Joseph, Missouri.
- Harte-Hanks is adding 200 for its Texarkana, Texas call center. Adecco will be handling the staffing.
- Clearwire has relocated its call center in Florida from Milton to Escambia County, adding 110 jobs in the process.
- USstorage-search.com looks to add between 15 and 20 employees this year at the company’s Omaha call center.
- Great week with nothing to report!!!
Mergers, Acquisitions, Partnerships & Corporate Reports
- ACCENT Marketing acquired the licensed agent line of an Iowa based insurance provider this week.
Trends Macro & Micro, International & Domestic
- Israel has introduced new call center regulations aimed at helping callers put on hold more than 3 minutes.
- Alorica opened a new site in Cebu, Phillipines.
- Here is a Huffington Post story on the FTC cracking down on Indian call center and fraudster debt collectors.
Did we miss anyone or anything? If so, let us know! Email us at email@example.com, and we’ll be sure to include them in next week’s “Call It a Week!”