As employers seek to hire candidates that better fit their jobs, they are turning to technologies such as enhanced screening and job matching services online. Here are 5 factors that will impact the success of job matching tools:
Here are a few factors that I feel will impact the success of matches made using these sites:
- Quality of the assessment tool included- It goes without saying that the better constructed the tool and the more research behind its effectiveness, the better the matching will be.
- Thoroughness of the definition process used by the company side- One potential shortcoming of this method is that the company side profiles jobs based on the input of one or a few individuals. If these individuals are off base with their data, the accuracy of the whole process is compromised.
- Niche focus on one job or industry- Focusing on a niche allows for a deeper level of knowledge about what it takes to perform a specific job well and what predicts specific traits that lead to success.
- Additional data collected- The quality, thoroughness and relevance of the non-assessment related data used as part of the matching process will also impact the accuracy of matches.
- Ability to demonstrate that those hired using their system are “quality hires”- The more evidence that shows that matching impacts outcomes, the more effective the system at achieving its goals.
(Via The Talent Economy)